BRIDGE HOUSEThe Bridge House Women's Group Home (apply here)
Why does this home exist?
- This group home exists for the purpose of helping those in recovery from addiction to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To build a spiritual community that will provide the opportunity, support, and education - both spiritual and vocational - to facilitate skills to succeed in life.
- To help a person discover God’s plan for their life.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)Who can live in this house?
- Women who have completed the approved application, background check, and interview process. Applications are available at First Assembly Church. For an online application, click here. For a printable copy, click here.
- Women who desire to stay clean from drugs and alcohol and want to live their life God’s way.
- Understand and follow the house guidelines.
- Attend Sunday morning worship service and Wednesday night prayer service at First Assembly Church.
- Attend Living Free on Sunday evenings at First Assembly Church.
- Attend one additional twelve-step recovery meeting each week.
- Gain employment as soon as possible.
- Pay rent each week.
- Maintain proper upkeep of the house and property.
- Respect the rights and property of others.
- Stay drug- and chemical-free.
- Maintain accountability to the leadership of this house.
- Attend counseling with Fresh Life Counseling as scheduled.
- Provide a safe, low cost, home as they work on their recovery.
- Provide a mentor to help them through Bible study and building healthy relationships with others.
- Provide relevant Bible teaching to help them grow.
- Assist them as needed while teaching them to stand on their own two feet.
- Pray for and encourage those living in the house.